Pages

Sunday 18 September 2011

Benjoy Review

I'm currently on the look-out for healthy snacks that my lactose intolerant toddler can enjoy and sometimes share with his wheat/gluten/oat intolerant mother.
I'd read about Benjoy on another blog and contacted them to see if they might be up for letting me do a review too.
And they agreed....


Benjoy make a range of healthy Munchcups that are designed to be a nutritious and delicious, take-anywhere snacks for kids.
As my little boy is lactose intolerant I often struggle to find different snacks for him to eat, and share with me as I'm gluten and sugar intolerant - what fun!


The flavours we tried were:- Vegetable Mini Crisps, Crunchy Strawberry Slices, Crunchy Grape Slices, Multigrain Munchers.



The snacks themselves are of a fantastic quality and Christopher liked them all, especially the strawberries, aside from the root veg, which I loved. I tasted everything but the Multigrain Munchers and particularly enjoyed the grape slices, a great change from shriveled up raisins! 
They contain no artificial ingredients, no hydrogenated fat, no sulphites and no palm oil - hurrah! Tasty and healthy.


We put our Munchcups through the ultimate snacking  trial, a long journey to Liverpool by train.
This is where the Munchcups really came into their own.
The foil lid is peeled back to reveal a clear film that has criss-crossed slits across it, joined in the centre.
You push this in with you finger to break the middle and create a snack trapping barrier and can easily grab snacks out without losing them when the cup is tipped, turned upside down or thrown about. (all of these activities were experimented with on the train!)
A bit out of focus but you get the idea!
Normally we leave a scattering of snack destruction in our wake at the table but this time disembarked without embarrassment!
The pots were great for visiting gran without destroying her sofa too.


I think I'd probably choose to use these for travelling and other anti-mess situations rather than everyday as they involve using a bit more packaging than I'd prefer, although most of it is recyclable.


The new packaging (one was more modern and up to date looking) has a great activity section printed inside, ideal for slightly older kids than my toddler.
There are fun tips & ideas for re-using the pots inside

Benjoy can be purchased from Ocado, Waitrose, Morrisons, naturallygoodfood.co.uk and naturebotts.co.uk. And...on my regular Poundland visit this week I spotted the strawberry and apple multigrain bites. I'm assuming that they're on a 2 or 3 for £1 offer but couldn't see an offer sticker.

I love a bargain and if you can find these on offer and stock up for journeys and clean freak home visits then I'd highly recommend you to go for it!

Kx

No comments:

Post a Comment