Pages

Sunday 16 November 2014

Bzzagent Chromecast Review

This is something I'm new to, but has been very worthwhile so far.
I joined Bzzagent a few months ago, as recommended by a friend, to see if I could get involved in some interesting campaigns.

My first challenge has been to try out Google Chromecast and feedback any conversations I've had about it, good or bad.

Chromecast is an easy plug-in device, which slots into your HD tvs HDMI and USB slots and allows you to click a 'cast' button on your ipad/iPhone/laptop whilst using apps such as Netflix, Blinkbox, Youtube and BBC iPlayer. This then casts the video to your tv and can be controlled from that device.

Some of the apps can be a bit glitchy if you're not right next to your wifi but in general it streams well and has been an absolute godsend over the last 11 days of illness in our house (and horrendous noise problems in the lounge from a problematic neighbour).

We have migrated from the lounge to the bedroom with the big tv with a bit of peace from the noise and a nice rest while coughing/vomiting/crying children writhe around!
In fact, it's been so good that we have borrowed a second HD tv from our neighbours so we can keep it going through here and put the big TV back. It gives us a hideaway when the techno music from downstairs starts up!

Nobody else I know seems to have it, so my conversations have basically been me talking about my lovely freebie and people giving their opinions about what they might use it for, then feeding this back in my reports, showing some videos of me casting and sending the odd tweet about how I'm getting on. I also get some bonus Tesco Clubcard points for doing this.

I'm keen to get involved with some new campaigns and will update the resurrected blog as I go along!

Xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment